Write On welcomes applications from emerging and established writers in any contemporary literary genre. Applications are also accepted from literary arts administrators who need time away to envision a new program, edit materials, or find renewal for their own creative work.
Residents must be at least 21 years o age. Applications from students currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program are welcome. Residents who need to travel with children or other family members are eligible to apply, though there may be some restrictions on accommodations.
Previous residents are encouraged to apply again. Your former residency neither helps nor hurts your current application.
Applications from literary arts administrators should include:
- A current resume or CV.
- A brief biographical statement of no more than one page.
- A description of at least one paragraph of a service project you would offer during your residency. (Project may include a consultation with Write On board or staff.)
- A description of at least one paragraph but no more than one page of how you would use your residency to benefit your current administrative work.
- A brochure, catalog, or other printed information about your literary arts organization.
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be from your executive director or board chair and one from a member of your arts community addressing the impact of your work on the community.