Write On welcomes applications from emerging and established writers in any contemporary literary genre. Applications are also accepted from literary arts administrators who need time away to envision a new program, edit materials, or find renewal for their own creative work.
Residents must be at least 21 years of age. Applications from students currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program are welcome. Residents who need to travel with children or other family members are eligible to apply, though there may be some restrictions on accommodations.
Previous residents are encouraged to apply again. Your former residency neither helps nor hurts your current application.
Applications from writers must include:
- A brief biographical statement of no more than one page.
- A work plan of not more than one page, detailing your current writing project and what you hope to accomplish during your residency.
- A description of at least one paragraph but no more than one page of the community engagement project you would like to offer while in residency, including the targeted audience for the program.
- A work sample of at least 10 pages but no more than 25. Picture book writers may submit 2 - 8 pages of work. If you work in multiple genres, your work sample can reflect more than one genre.
- Two letters of reference from people familiar with your creative work and the impact of a residency on your writing.